The Research Development Workshops are designed for investigators interested in developing additional skills in research design and methodology, grant applications, and reporting/manuscript writing.
Workshops generally run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, including a networking luncheon and reception following the final discussion. Participants must pre-register, and may be eligible for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits.
Check back regularly for upcoming Research Development Workshops.
Workshop discussions facilitated by Department of Family Practice faculty members have included the following topics:
- An Overview of Pilot and Feasibility Studies
- Constructing Evaluations for Educational Interventions
- Patient Partnership in Research: Strategies and Resources
- Generalism: Supporting the Research We Need
- Residents and Research: What does it take to turn Family Practice Residents into Researchers of the Future?
- Behavioural Research Ethics Board
- Community Based Indigenous Health Research
- Pragmatic Experimental Designs
- From Ideas To Publications
- Thinking About Your First Project in HPE Scholarship
- Developing Your Research Question in HPE Research
- Choosing Appropriate Methodologies in HPE Research
- Professional Identity Formation
- Social Accountability/Advocacy
- Contextual Competence
- The Hidden Curriculum
- Clinical Decision Making